Siиister Syиergies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Miricle
Admin
Miricle

Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent Empty
PostSubject: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:39 am

"UFC President Dana White will announce the signing of Fedor Emelianenko this Friday. Shortly after the report was made posted, the UFC announced a media conference call with White scheduled for this Friday afternoon.

According to the report, an unidentified source stated that the negotiations between Fedor and the UFC have been "very civil". The source went on to state that officials are apparently discussing details on the announcement of the deal, although the UFC is declining to comment on Friday's announcement.

The signing of Fedor by the UFC has been talked about for years, with the Russian heavyweight coming close to signing with the organization in the summer of 2007. Negotations failed after Fedor's manager, Vadim Finkelstein, demanded that the UFC work with his Russian M-1 Global promotion and permit Emelianenko to compete in combat sambo tournaments. However, speculation renewed during the UFC 100 post-fight press conference earlier this month, when White said that Fedor would eventually be joining the organization.

“Eventually Fedor is going to be here,” White noted. “I want Fedor. I want him to come of the UFC."

White also said this past weekend that the Russian heavyweight would fight UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar in his first fight in the organization, if they were to come to terms on a deal.

"He'll fight for the title first," White stated. "What does he need, a tune-up fight or something? ... To argue where this guy sits in the heavyweight division, we can argue that all day."

Meanwhile, Fedor Emelianenko will address the public with a press conference on Wednesday, where he is expected to address his future plans. It's unlikely that Fedor would announce a deal with the UFC if the UFC is planning to make their own announcement on Friday.

This all means that Lesnar vs. Fedor would be first up."- Originally Found of Pwmania.com

well if this is all true Friday should be a big day and everyone's going to get their Match in the not so distant future
Back to top Go down
MindOwn

MindOwn

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:12 am

Honestly it looks like UFC wants someone desperately to beat Brock Lesnar so they're getting him now just to accomplish this mission.

Last edited by MindOwn on Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.utd08.proboards85.com
Miricle
Admin
Miricle

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:13 am

Sad I hope Brock would overcome this he is the man
Back to top Go down
.ShiNrA.
Admin
.ShiNrA.

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:19 am

I thought they didn't want to be like the WWE? Throwing big names into big matches without anything prior history in their organization...
Back to top Go down
https://syngaming.forumotion.net
Miricle
Admin
Miricle

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:21 am

nah they're not like WWE they're like WCW, don't know what they want and have money to throw around.
Back to top Go down
ProdigY

ProdigY

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 5:38 pm

Nice WCW reference there Miricle. I don't have to big of a problem with Fedor getting a title shot right away. The man has been the world champion everywhere he's been. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him take out some of the top 5 before that but the UFC knows that Brock sells the heck out of ppvs and a Brock vs Fedor match would subtract the $45 from my pocket.

The one thing about Brock though is his sheer size, power and speed. You can't find anyone that has all of that in one package to train with so we'll see what happens. I think Brock has the ability to beat any and everyone on the planet right now. The scary thing is going to be when he actually get's skilled in other area's of mma.
Back to top Go down
.ShiNrA.
Admin
.ShiNrA.

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:08 pm

I just found out the article isn't a reliable source. There has been no set deals made yet.
Back to top Go down
Miricle
Admin
Miricle

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:46 am

still got another day until we know what's up for sure.
Back to top Go down
.ShiNrA.
Admin
.ShiNrA.

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:53 am

Unless something in a day happens there isn't going to be no Fedor is signed announcement.

A source from Sports illustrated whom is close to Dana confirmed there hasn't been a set deal.

could he of just been helping cover this up, maybe.

We'll wait and see =)
Back to top Go down
.ShiNrA.
Admin
.ShiNrA.

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Wednesday, July 29, 2009
by Loretta Hunt (lhunt@sherdog.com)

ANAHEIM, Calif. -- Fedor Emelianenko, the top-ranked heavyweight in the world, will not fight in the UFC unless Dana White and company agree to co-promote with Emelianenko’s partners at M-1 Global.

M-1 Global President Vadim Finkelstein made that clear Wednesday at a news conference. Finkelstein confirmed that M-1 Global had negotiated with UFC officials as recently as Tuesday, meeting in person with Zuffa’s attorneys and also with Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White on a teleconference call.

Finkelstein said the UFC made a new offer to Emelianenko, and M-1 Global made a counteroffer. However, Finkelstein said Emelianenko would not proceed without a co-promotional effort between M-1 and the UFC where they shared expenses and profits.

“Our offer was very simple,” said Finkelstein. “We offered to have a co-promotion -- two fights, three fights, doesn’t matter. And we were ready to invest in that show together and to get the profit together. But the UFC made a different offer that was a very good offer. But the same offer (they made), we can actually make to their champion. We can also offer millions to them and one, two, three, four fights to them.”

Finkelstein said the UFC responded to M-1’s counteroffer “very quietly.” Finkelstein called the negotiations “cordial” and “diplomatic,” though he did not give the impression that the UFC seemed receptive to his company’s offer.

“We are open,” Finkelstein said. “We do want to work with the UFC. We do want to work with other organizations. That is not our problem.”

Finkelstein also described the UFC’s previous offer to Emelianenko two years ago as “miserable.”

“If we had such an offer two years ago which we got yesterday, maybe we would be (interested), but not in today’s situation –- we cannot accept that offer,” said Finkelstein.

Finkelstein also communicated that the UFC's representation in the media of his previous negotiations with the organization had not been accurate. He said Emelianenko has been made completely aware of any deals, past and present, that have been offered.

“The offer which was made by the UFC is not interesting for us,” said Emelianenko. “I completely trust Vadim and I completely trust our team in M-1 Global."

M-1 Global also pressured the UFC by saying they are in talks with other shows, including Strikeforce.

“We're not going to wait,” Finkelstein said. “We have to move forward. It might be that very soon we will be able to make a deal with some other promotions. I'm going to tell you that we're only going to work under co-promotion conditions.”

Strikeforce is one promotion willing to co-promote with M-1 Global. Scott Coker, Strikeforce’s CEO, told Sherdog.com that it was his understanding that Emelianenko and M-1 Global have “four or five offers on the table,” including ones from boxing promotions and television networks. Coker said he would continue his own talks with Finkelstein in the next couple of weeks. Finkelstein and Emelianenko, who has partial ownership in M-1 Global, said they will begin their trek back to Russia Wednesday night.

Finkelstein did not rule out further discussions with the UFC, though it appears that no timetable has been set.

“Maybe not now,” Finkelstein said, “but I think later there will be some progress.”

Source:
Sherdog.com
Back to top Go down
MindOwn

MindOwn

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 am

I heard that Fedor's Manager said he will only let Fedor sign for UFC if he becomes owner with UFC Owner.
Back to top Go down
http://www.utd08.proboards85.com
Hybrid

Hybrid

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 2:25 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent   Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fedor UFC Deal Reportedly Imminent
Page 1 of 1