Siиister Syиergies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Hybrid

Hybrid

EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture Empty
PostSubject: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:12 am

The inevitable became hard, solid fact yesterday, when EA Sports held a press conference to announce Randy Couture was heading to EA Sports MMA to "co-headline" the title with Fedor. EA Sports also announced that Jay “The Thoroughbred” Hieron will join the ranks.

Couture and Hieron join Fedor Emelianenko, Gegard Mousasi and Renato Sobral in the game's already confirmed roster.

"Randy Couture, a 6’1”, 220 pound heavyweight, who currently holds a 16-9 record and is a five-time MMA champion. Couture, a living legend in the MMA world, utilizes his wrestling expertise to take down and control opponents before finishing them off with ground and pound strikes. Couture is scheduled to fight at the end of this month against former Pride World Heavyweight Champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira. In addition, this is not Couture’s first foray into the world of video games, as he was featured in EA’s Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 as Commander Warren Fuller."

"Jay “The Thoroughbred” Hieron currently holds a 17-4 record and the Long Island native utilizes his wrestling prowess as his primary fighting style but has become a formidable striker as well. He fights out of Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas and was the last Welterweight Champion of the International Fight League."

How Dana White will respond to this remains to be seen. Will he blacklist Couture even though the former UFC champ is set to headline UFC 102 in a couple of weeks? Or will it turn out that the UFC figurehead isn't a man of his word? Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of fireworks.
Back to top Go down
ProdigY

ProdigY

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 5:49 am

I knew Randy, Jay and Renalto were signed. I'm sure the UFC didn't care about Jay and Renalto but it will be interesting to see what happens with Randy. *Grabs popcorn and watches for said fireworks*
Back to top Go down
Miricle
Admin
Miricle

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 7:55 am

i don't think people are expecting Randy to win his fight. I think Dana will let the match fly then kick him in the ass at the postfight press conference.
Back to top Go down
ProdigY

ProdigY

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 9:57 am

I expect Randy to win actually.
Back to top Go down
WaRtOrN

WaRtOrN

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:07 am

I don't, I think Big Nog is going to work Randy.
Back to top Go down
ProdigY

ProdigY

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 1:48 pm

Should be good either way. Both are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture   EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EA Sports MMA Signs Up Randy Couture
Page 1 of 1