Siиister Syиergies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesPortalRegisterLog in

Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hybrid

Hybrid

Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA" Empty
PostSubject: Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA"   Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 11:29 pm

This is old news but I felt like posting it to go along with my next post.

In what started out as an internet rumour, UFC president, Dana White, that anyone appearing in EA's MMA title would not fight in the UFC.

White stated that he was at "war" with EA Sports and insisted that they didn't throw the first punch.

"EA Sports told us, 'You're not a real sport,'" White said. "'We wouldn't touch this thing. We want nothing to do with this.'"

"We put our asses on the line, THQ and the UFC, to make a video-game deal in the worst economy in the world," White said. "We go out there and do this thing, and it's successful, and now fucking EA Sports wants to do a video game. Really? That's not what you told us a year-and-a-half ago."

"You told us you'd never be in business with us. They wouldn't even take a meeting because mixed martial arts disgusted them. This wasn't a real sport. Boy, they got over that real quick, didn't they?"

Furthermore White confirmed that the internet rumour was true and fighters who appeared in the upcoming title EA Sports: MMA title would not feature in the UFC.

"I'm not tap-dancing around this thing or whatever," White said. "I'm telling you straight-up, I'm at war with them right now. That's how I look at it."

"You know what the difference is?" White asked. "I'm in the mixed martial arts business. EA isn't ... EA doesn't give a fuck about mixed martial arts. They made that very clear."

Strong words from UFC's Dana White there but I still can't get over the fact that EA actually turned down the option of the title first. The question remains, can EA's MMA title bounce back from this without the characters that make the sport of MMA so popular today? Or will money lure over the big characters to appear in the title at the expense of their UFC careers? Only time will tell but I highly doubt it will be the latter.

Tune in this time next week for the next episode of the UFC EA soap opera lol.
Back to top Go down
ProdigY

ProdigY

Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA" Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA"   Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA" I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2009 12:47 am

Fight, fight, fight. I just want a good MMA game. Not a big fan of the UFC game.
Back to top Go down

Dana White: "EA Doesn't Give a Fuck About MMA"
Page 1 of 1